Former CIO at Alecta Per Frennberg has been appointed chairman of AP7, the Swedish government has announced in press statement.
Per Frennberg has extensive experience in asset management and was previously Vice Chairman of the Seventh AP Fund. Frennberg replaces Rose Marie Westman, who is leaving the board after eight years.
"The AP funds have an important mission in managing the pensions of the Swedish people. The Board's work involves a great deal of responsibility. I am happy to continue to strengthen the competence of the board and I want to take the opportunity to express my appreciation for their work, and the work of the funds," says Finance Minister Per Bolund.
The Government has appointed Anna Hesselman as Deputy Chairman of the First AP Fund and Emma Ihre as Deputy Chairman of the Seventh AP Fund.
7 new members
The government has appointed the following new board members at the AP funds:
- Erik Sjöström, nominated by the Swedish Enterprise (Första AP-fonden)
- Åsa Erba-Stenhammar, nominated by TCO (Second AP Fund)
- Carina Wutzler, nominated by SKR (Third AP Fund)
- Monica Elling, nominated by the Swedish Enterprise (Fourth Swedish National Pension Fund)
- Aleksandar Zuza, nominated by LO (Fourth AP Fund)
- Helen Eliasson, nominated by SKR (Fourth Swedish National Pension Fund)
- Magnus Vesterlund (Seventh AP Fund)